These instructions are for on campus
, if you are off campus you must first connect to the VPN for this step to work.
- Click the Start menu, then select run, or select the search field in Windows 7
- Type \\cias-files.rit.edu\my_shares
- If you are prompted for a username and password, input your RIT Computer account username and password
- If your username and password are not being accepted please trying using this format for your username: MAIN\username
If you are off campus
use these instructions first
- Open VPN Client from the Start menu.
- Select the RIT-off-campus-VPN entry, and click the Connect button.
- When prompted, enter in your RIT username and password, and you should see a window confirming you are on the VPN.
- Follow the on-campus instructions listed on this page to connect to a share.